[MOBY-l] Publication opportunity for Mobyers, especially TIGR workshop participants

Damian Gessler ddg at ncgr.org
Mon Aug 20 22:08:38 UTC 2007

Always happy to see envelopes being pushed, though it does appear from the
solicitation itself that the editors mean the "Semantic Web" notion of
semantics:

"The goal of this special issue of the Journal of Biomedical Informatics
(JBI) is to provide a forum for advanced research on methods for
biomedical data mashup using Semantic Web technologies, as the quantity
and diversity of biomedical datasets are growing rapidly on the Web. In
accordance with the editorial policies of the Journal, we are soliciting
full-length article submissions that explain and demonstrate the use of
novel Semantic Web methodologies to integrate heterogeneous biomedical
data ..."

See also of course Wikipedia for commonly accepted implications of
"semantics" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic#Computer_science.

I've got a paper almost ready, but I was thinking about BMC Bioinformatics
as its home... .

D.