[MOBY-l] Some BioMOBY newbie questions

"Óscar D. Sánchez Jiménez" osanchez at fis.upv.es
Mon Jan 16 10:55:30 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm new to this mailing list, so first of all I'll introduce myself! I
work in the Medical Informatics Group of the Polytechnic University of
Valencia (Spain) as bioinformatician, and doing my PhD in Computer Science.

One of our current projects is related to biological data integration.
In brief, it aims to provide an integrated access to heterogeneous
biological data gathered at the Institute for Agricultural Research of
Valencia (IVIA), Spain.

I've read about the BioMOBY approach and its results, and in my opinion
is one of the most promising integration projects. I'd be interested in
getting more (specially technical) information about it, in order to
evaluate if its approach is applicable to our case.

Thanks in advance!

Óscar D.

--
Óscar D. Sánchez - osanchez(at)fis.upv.es
Computer Science PhD student - Telecommunication Engineer

GIM - Medical Informatics Group
BET - Bioengineering, Electronics and Telemedicine
UPV - Polytechnic University of Valencia - Spain