[MOBY-l] Tags for secondary articles

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Oct 23 17:57:14 UTC 2005

> I have another concern about the service deregistration. I would like
> to update some information about some of my services. Since the
> deregistration method is deprecated

   [Mark, do you see what I meant that the "deprecation" remark caused
confusion?]
   Mathieu, my understanding (and hope!) is that the deregistration is
*not* deprecated. It just can be used only in some circumstances:
   - Which are none for data types, namespaces and service types,
   - and for service instances, it can be used only if a service instance
was registered without (or with an empty) 'signatureRDF'.

> solution is to remove the RDF file and wait for the agent, right? If
> so, how long does it take?

   Not long, just about a year or so. We all are still waiting for the
first agent's visit :-) (of course, unless I missed him; or is it her?)

   Cheers,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger
   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)