[MOBY-l] Re: [moby] Output objects- problems interpreting the API

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 2 15:41:41 UTC 2005

Well... the answer depends on what the generic case of your output will
look like.  the rule is that you have to register every output object
that your service produces; i.e. every immediate child tag of a mobyData
block.  Therefore, if you are going to consistently output exactly 3
Genbank/gi's, then you would register your service as outputting 3 X
Object(NCBI_gi).  If you are outputting an indeterminate number of
objects, then you register it as outputting 1 X Collection.

Collections map nicely onto the rdf:Bag structure, if that helps you
interpret them.

--
Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)