[MOBY-l] Output objects- problems interpreting the API

Rebecca Ernst rebecca.ernst at gsf.de
Wed Feb 2 10:36:10 UTC 2005

Hi Mark!

We have problems interpreting the BioMoby API for the output objects.

The thing is that we have a service that gets ONE input object and
executes a freetext search over several databases. This service will
eventually return more that one result.
We don't want to put the result into a collection object because the
single objects don't build any entity.
We also can't give back more that one mobyData block because we only
have one query ID and therefore only one queryID to give back.

The only solution we can think of is an object like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
       <moby:MOBY xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
          <moby:mobyContent>
              <moby:mobyData queryID='a1'>
                   <Simple articleName=''>
                      <Object namespace="Genbank/gi" id="163483"/>
                   </Simple>
                   <Simple articleName=''>
                      <Object namespace="Genbank/gi" id="163484"/>
                   </Simple>
                   <Simple articleName=''>
                      <Object namespace="Genbank/gi" id="163485"/>
                   </Simple>
              </moby:mobyData>
          </moby:mobyContent>
       </moby:MOBY>

would this be a legal object or do we have to use collection even if the
objects don't build an entity ?

Cheers,
Rebecca

--