[moby] Re: [MOBY-l] Re: Where does articleName belong? How can I set it in aSimple, using jMoby?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon Aug 22 15:34:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 12:13 +0200, David González Pisano wrote:

> Umm, does this mean that also Simples into Collections *must* have an
> articlename too, even an arbitrary one? I was wondering if the lack of
> an articleName in the "Simple inside a Collection" example (see the
> API documentation, section INPUT) means that a Simple has to have
> articleName when is the only input

No, Simples inside a collection do not have an articleName, and at most
they would all have the same articleName (I'm actually not sure how the
registry code handles this at the moment... I suspect that it does
record the articleName of a Simple within a Collection if an articleName
has been provided at registration, but I know for certain that none of
my client libraries pay attention to it even if it is there, since it
was not *intended* to be used, nor meaningful).

> Also, probably the twiki needs an update, because as today still says "The articleName attribute of the Simple and/or Collection elements is
> optional (it may or may not be there, and if there, it may or may not have a non-null value)". Note that the last part of the phrase contradicts Paul's solution.

I'll try to find this and fix it.

again... we really need someone to volunteer to take over the task of
re-writing and maintaining the documentation :-)

"Ontologists do it with the edges!"

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor
Dept. of Medical Genetics