[moby] Re: [MOBY-l] Re: [MOBY-dev] lease versus agent for registry updating

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Aug 16 17:36:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 10:18 -0700, Benjamin Good wrote:
> Just to add my 2c.  The idea of adding a test case to the
> registration phase did come up at the meeting, but I'm not sure how
> far its gotten?

It was decided that test cases would be provided as optional additional
metadata attached to the RDF Service Signature on the service-providers
site, identified by a set of (yet to be defined) RDF predicates.  Test
cases would *not* be part of the data stored in the registry, but would
be discoverable through e.g. LSID resolution.

Since we are currently in the process of adapting our Service Signature
data model to mimic that of myGrid (and v.v. :-) ) we have not yet
implemented this particular decision.  Hopefully this data model will be
firmed-up in the next couple of weeks (that was why Eddie and I were in
Manchester last week), and then we will be able to generate a
"canonical" Service Signature for everyone's existing services, as well
as generate the signature on-the-fly for new registrations.

"Ontologists do it with the edges!"

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor
Dept. of Medical Genetics