[MOBY-l] Trouble-ticketing for MOBY; unwanted side effect ofMOBY::Client::Service->execute

mark wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Aug 11 16:37:03 UTC 2005

Hi Frank,

Two quick responses (I'm on the blackberry and it isn't very efficient :-) )

1). The execute method will shortly be significantly changed in light of the upcoming API changes (esp. Insistence on named parameters allows me to use a more sensible "hash" structure in place of the list structure). I don't know if it is worth spending time fixing it.

2). I didn't realize that my code modified the input list.  You're right, this is bad. I could post a fix for the such that the input listref is cloned to avoid this (if that is the root of the problem), or you are of course always welcome to fix it yourself and commit.

3). We do have a ticketing system, but nobody ever uses it :-). Click the "bugs" link on the left side of the homepage... I haven't tested it for a while, but it worked last time I tried...

Cheers!