[MOBY-l] A bug in Taverna 1.2 perhaps related to BioMOBY

José María Fernández González jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Fri Aug 5 19:10:00 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,
	I don't like crossposting, but I don't know if the bug I have found
today is from the Taverna 1.2 core or the MOBY plugin.

	The bug is pretty simple: if you create/load a workflow which has a
service whose name in the workflow is different from the service name,
Taverna does not use the official service name when it is invoked.
Instead, it uses the name given to the service in the workflow! The same
workflow works flawlessly when it is loaded and run in Taverna 1.1.

	I have discovered the bug with a MOBY service (see the sample workflow
ja5.xml, and the reports taverna-1.1-report.xml and
taverna-1.2-report.xml), so I don't know which has the blame...

	This bug should arise when one service is used more than once, which is
very common in real workflows!

	Best Regards,
		José María Fernández
José María Fernández González		e-mail: jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Tlfn:	(+34) 91 585 54 50		Fax:	(+34) 91 585 45 06
Grupo de Diseño de Proteinas		Protein Design Group
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología	National Center of Biotechnology
C.P.: 28049				Zip Code: 28049
C/. Darwin nº 3 (Campus Cantoblanco, U. Autónoma), Madrid (Spain)