[MOBY-l] Re: [MISC] signatureURLs; test registry

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Wed Sep 15 18:36:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 11:32, Frank Gibbons wrote:

> In other words, does
> re-running it erase the old location, or will my services now end up being
> de-registered because there's no RDF in the first location I entered,
> although it is present and accessible in the second (and final) location I
> entered?

It will re-set each time you run it, so don't worry if you change your
mind and run it again.  Whatever you chose the last time you ran it will
be what is in the database.

>  I'm
> wondering how often it'll run - should I expect one visit a day, or one a
> week? Specifically, I'm wondering what the latency will be if I decide to
> register a new service by firing up IsaViz and adding to the RDF

To be honest, that is something that we haven't decided yet.  I see no
good reason why it shouldn't run every night.  My "gut" tells me,
however, that most people who set up services will be anxious to see
them in the registry right away to test them, so I suspect that most
people will continue to use the API call rather than passively wait for
their exciting new service to be registered by the crawler :-)

> And finally, what's up with the test registry - I can't seem to connect any
> longer (worked fine on Monday, I believe).

I'll look into that right away.  It may have crashed?!  Thanks for the
heads-up.

Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre