[MOBY-l] signatureURLs; test registry

Frank Gibbons fgibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 15 18:32:55 UTC 2004

Mark,

>we are getting ready to make a very significant change in MOBY-S, so I
>need **all existing service providers** to do a one-time exercise.  This
>is also important for those who have their own MOBY Central installations.

The CGI (http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/getRDFXML.pl) you put up to
make signature RDF worked fine for me (and was really fast), but it did
raise one or two questions:

>3)  To ensure that your service is not deleted, you must place this RDF
>signature in the location that you specified in the signatureURL field
>when you registered your service.

As soon as I had done it the first time, I realised "Oh no, that's not a
good place to put the RDF!", so I ran the CGI again, this time with a more
sensible location for the RDF. Will that work? In other words, does
re-running it erase the old location, or will my services now end up being
de-registered because there's no RDF in the first location I entered,
although it is present and accessible in the second (and final) location I
entered?

Glad to hear the crawler will be "coming soon to a website near me" ;) I'm
wondering how often it'll run - should I expect one visit a day, or one a
week? Specifically, I'm wondering what the latency will be if I decide to
register a new service by firing up IsaViz and adding to the RDF, rather
than using a call to MOBY Central? In the latter case, I expect the service
to be immediately registered, but what about the former?

And finally, what's up with the test registry - I can't seem to connect any
longer (worked fine on Monday, I believe).

Thanks,

-Frank

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons