[MOBY-l] Moby in workflows

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Oct 7 08:25:25 UTC 2004

Hi Tom,

I know I'm going to see you next week anyway, but since I am sitting
here in the myGrid lab and mapping out the next 12 months of
myGrid/MOBY-S merging, I'd like to jump on this and express my pleasure
that you have built MOBY-S support into Taverna.  In addition, there has
been considerable discussion that we (the Genome Canada bioinformatics
platform grant) should spotlight Taverna as the "recommended" tool for
interacting with web services for all genome centres nationwide - the
advantage to us, of course, is that we then have a uniform landscape
through which we can provide bioinformatics end-user service.  An
upcoming edition of our GC bioinformatics newsletter will do exactly
that :-)

Phil has indicated that additional MOBY-S support is being added to
Taverna, so hopefully next week we can sit down over a pint and resolve
the issues that remain foggy.

Cheers!

Mark