[MOBY-l] Moby in workflows

Tom Oinn tmo at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 07:40:15 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I run the Taverna project (http://taverna.sf.net), a workflow design and
enactment system which supports BioMoby and I figured it was time I
de-lurked and started to pester you with questions, I hope you'll
forgive me!

I'd really just like to get a feel for whether people are using Taverna;
if so for what and how could we improve it, and if not then why and how
can we persuade you. I'm aware of a couple of shortcomings in our Moby
support, there's an issue with empty results and we don't pick up
annotations at all at the moment - it's the second of those that I'm
curious about (we can sort the first out, it's mostly a technical
issue). If you were chaining multiple service together how would the
annotation information manifest in this flow?

Cheers,

Tom Oinn (EMBL-EBI)