[MOBY-l] (no subject)

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 18:32:39 UTC 2004

> 6 When i tryed to use that script with something like that:
> ===========
> 	/run-cmdline-client -call MOBYSHoundGetGenBankff objeto.xml
> ===========
> where objeto.xml is a file with just this line:
> 	<Object namespace="NCBI_ig" id="431260" />
> i got this error:

    The main problem is that you are using a command-line client that
talks to Moby Central registry, not to a service you want to call. You
can, however, use this command-line client to call a service, but you need
to add two more parameters:

   1) -e <URL-of-a-service-you-are-calling>

The URL of a service you either know, or you can get it by a separate call
from Moby registry:

   run-cmdline-client -fn MOBYSHoundGetGenBankff

(This will give you this URL:
   http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/Services/Services.cgi)

   2) -uri http://biomoby.org/

This is a mandatory namespace for moby services (I hope I have it right).

Additionally to that, it's recommended that you put your XML input in a
file (let's say bankff.xml). The whole command then look like this:

run-cmdline-client \
  -e http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/Services/Services.cgi \
  -uri http://biomoby.org/ \
  -call MOBYSHoundGetGenBankff bankff.xml

Which still does not do what you want because your input needs a moby
envelope (the line above gets back an empty result).

The correct full input is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<moby:MOBY xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
  <moby:mobyContent>
    <moby:mobyData moby:queryID="a1">
      <moby:Simple moby:articleName="">
        <Object namespace="NCBI_gi" id="431260" />
      </moby:Simple>
    </moby:mobyData>
  </moby:mobyContent>
</moby:MOBY>

Put it in bankff.xml and run the line above again and you get a response
from this service (I have just tried).

> 7 I used the source code downladed of CVS and compile that... and
> everithing OK
> 8 I found some example called MobyServiceInvocationExample.java, but
> when i try to complile, i had the next error:

(I assume that by "try to compile" you mean "try to run", right?)
Let's wait for Paul Gordon to answer this part - he is the author of this
class. Paul, arer you around?

   With regard,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger