[MOBY-l] MobyRequest or CentralImpl ?

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 21 14:24:03 UTC 2004

> This brings up a new issue though that requires a policy formulation on
> the part of the community:  Suppose VirtualSequence had two Integer
> members, how would these be distinguished in the XML (i..e the Length
> field vs. the foo field)?

   Articles can be named. The API says: "Articles are, optionally, named
using the articleName attribute. This might be used if, for example, the
service requires named inputs. The order of non-named articles in a single
Input or Output set MUST not be meaningful.".
   Mark, is this correct answer? I am still not sure about calling
services :-(

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger