[MOBY-l] MobyRequest or CentralImpl ?

Benjamin Good bmg at sfu.ca
Fri May 21 08:11:18 UTC 2004

query object, the following bit of code does the job but I feel like I'm
missing something.

        MobyDataType the_type = new MobyDataType("");
        the_type = central.getDataType("GenericSequence");
        String seq_object =    "<moby:GenericSequence namespace='' id=''>"+
            "<moby:String namespace='' id=''
articleName='SequenceString'>"+query+"</moby:String>"+
            "</moby:GenericSequence>";
        MobyDataSimpleInstance mobySimpleInstance = new
MobyDataSimpleInstance(the_type,"","");
        mobySimpleInstance.setValue(seq_object);

It looks like the only alternative is to build the object as a DOM, but
not being familiar with DOM building this seems like more trouble than
its worth.  Please, show me the path to enlightenment and intelligent
creation of moby objects in Java.

-Ben