[MOBY-l] MobyRequest or CentralImpl ?

Benjamin Good bmg at sfu.ca
Fri May 21 04:06:06 UTC 2004

Thanks, your example was very helpful.  I have two questions now,

1)  Why do I keep getting this message and is there a way to stop it?
- No returnType was specified to the Call object!  You must call
setReturnType() if you have called addParameter().
2) How do I specify a query object for a Moby object such as
genericSequence?
For example,
<moby:Simple moby:articleName=''>
         <moby:GenericSequence namespace='' id=''>
                    <moby:String namespace='' id=''
articleName='SequenceString'>ATATATATATATATATA</moby:String>
         </moby:GenericSequence>
 </moby:Simple>

I've tried to start building it like this

        MobyDataType the_type = new MobyDataType("");
        the_type = central.getDataType("GenericSequence");
        System.out.println(the_type.toString());
        MobyDataSimpleInstance mobySimpleInstance = new
MobyDataSimpleInstance(the_type,"","");

but it is not working as I would expect.  I would think at this point I
would have an empty genericSequence object, but when I get he XML at
this point it doesn't know anything about being a Sequence.

<Simple xmlns="http://www.biomoby.org/moby"
xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby" moby:articleName=""><Object
namespace="" id=""/></Simple>

Is it necessary to create a DOM object for the instantiation?  (What is
the best way to do that :) ?)

thanks
-Ben

ps.  I'm trying to a build a nice clean implementation because its going
to form the guts of a bunch of applications..