[MOBY] [MOBY-l] registering Scored_string object...

Michael Jensen mdjgf8 at mizzou.edu
Tue Mar 30 16:59:06 UTC 2004

I will try a different name for the Scored_string. I questioned the
same thing, because I did have the acronym element in there it isn't
quite universal.

About the identification of the protein, it actually doesn't know
anything about the identity of the protein/gene, but rather infers that
within the context of the sentence that word/phrase has a probability
of *score* to be a gene or a protein. It is an algorithm that is used
from here:

http://bionlp.stanford.edu/

There is a publication in the works about it.

-Michael