[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] A Java web service problem

Viji viji at gsf.de
Thu Mar 4 14:26:33 UTC 2004

Hi,

My first try to check whether my service works will always be

1. with Martin's run-cmdline-client script . When it passes there, I go
to next step.
2. Then, I try from the client(MOBY). But many times, my services worked
fine with the above script, but give a "Service returned no response" in
the client(MOBY). In all those situations, either there was a problem
with the input MOBY object(not parsed properly for input value or a
wrong schema ) or an output object (again, wrong schema of the output
MOBY object) or my machine was not visible for the server to get something.
3. Moreover, as Martin suggested, I have used a monitor(in my case, SOAP
monitor in AXIS) for SOAP request and response. That will also help to
debug the problem.
4. You will get some error message or some output in your server where
you have deployed your service (when it was tried to access ). Check
that also...

I couldn't think anything else apart from the above.

Michael, did you get a chance to look into the sample code in java (for
registering and  retrieving a service) which was provided in the list ?
But all my services have text-xml as output which will be plugged in an
output MOBY object inside  <![CDATA[ ... ]]>. This was much simpler and
easier for me for all of my services.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Viji