[MOBY-l] Version numbers?

Frank Gibbons fgibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 16 13:57:07 UTC 2004

Hey listers,

Gabriel Berriz and I are working on setting up and using each other's
services. We've run into a little hitch, in that we appear to be using
different versions of MOBY. However, we don't know for sure, because the
only version information available in the MOBY package is in MOBY.pm, and
that's "0.04".

It would REALLY help if each version came out with a different version
number. It doesn't have to mean anything, just be different. Maybe someone
could change it daily or weekly? I don't know the best way to do this on
something that's undergoing rapid change, maybe there's a better way to do it?

-Frank

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons