[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] String & text-plain

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 13 15:23:02 UTC 2004

> > But the payload of those SOAP messages
> > is a MOBY XML document.  We don't, as of yet, hide that from the user.
>
> The key here is the word "yet" :-)

   Well, my 2c opinion would put it slightly differently: "the key here is
the word 'user'". Because if the 'user' is using Moby Central/Services
API, it will always be dealing with XML, because MOBY Central/Services
methods define their input and output parameters always as XML strings.
And always will (unless Mark changes to RDF completely, but that would not
help 'users' much). But if the 'user' is a user of libraries provided for
individual languages then I agree that the word 'yet' is in order...

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger