[MISC] [MOBY-l] Processing MOBY responses: MOBYSHoundGetGenBankff as an example

Gabriel Berriz gberriz at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 9 13:30:01 UTC 2004

At 03:41 PM 4/8/2004 -0700, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>There is only one ~useful client-side method call "extract response
>articles", that is available in the MOBY::CommonSubs module.
>
>This (unfortunately) returns the individual responses as XML::DOM
>objects, rather than having a MOBY-specific API to access the
>information in these objects.  Ken has some code that does a much nicer
>job of creating Perl objects from MOBY Object XML, but at the moment it
>isn't 100% API compliant. I'm hoping this will one day this will migrate
>into this CommonSubs routine so that all of the libraries are in one
>place...

Mark,

I'd be happy to take a crack at it.  Where can I find this code by
Ken?  What's the name of the sub, and what exactly is not API-compliant
about it?  (I assume that the API you are referring to is the one at
http://www.biomoby.org/twiki/bin//view/Moby/MobySAPI ; please correct me if
I'm wrong.)

Regards,

Gabriel