[MOBY-l] DAML/OIl editor for viewing MyGrid ontology

Simon Twigger simont at mcw.edu
Mon Apr 5 14:33:46 UTC 2004

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for your comments, I was hoping someone from MyGrid would
catch this. At the MOBY developers meeting this weekend we decided it
was time to expand the MOBY service ontology and the existing MyGrid
ontology seemed like a great place to start. I completely agree that we
should endeavor to keep things in sync where ever possible.

I've been looking through the list of pubs from MyGrid and it looks
like Chris Wroe's paper in Int. J. Cooperative Info. Systems. Vol. 12,
No. 2 (2003) 197-224 on "DAML+OIL ontologies to describe bioinformatics
web services and data"would be a good place for me to start reading
about how this ontology came together. If there are other docs that you
would recommend please let me know. Once I've got a better feel for
things I'll probably pester you for more information if thats Ok.

Thanks for the info on Protege  at http://www.co-ode.org/, I found an
OWL plugin already but the graph drawing plugin looks handy so I'll
give that a go too.

Cheers,

Simon.