[MOBY-l] Problem invoking services

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 21:53:04 EDT 2003

> I'm currently working with Java, and not Perl. So it's possible that may be
> part of the problem. In the Java API, I can do all kinds of things with the
> central registry itself, such as query it for services, get their WSDL, etc.

   You are right - the API is for communication with the registry not with
the services. I am working on an extended Java API that would help service
providers (and clients) that write their software in Java. But until this
is doen you need to create XML documents and send them to the service
endpoint.
   You can use the same code that is available in doCall method in
the CentralImpl.java file.
   Or you can even use method 'call' from the Java API (or use -call in
the MobyCmdClient) - but you need to set an endpoint of a service, not of
a moby registry, and you have to create the input XML document yourself.
The method name in the 'call' method would be identical with the name
that service had been registered by moby register.

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger