[MOBY-l] How to call a web service with java client

Yasumasa Shigemoto yshigemo at genes.nig.ac.jp
Mon Jun 2 01:17:41 UTC 2003

Dear BioMoby,

I'm a beginner of biomoby and very interested in your
project.
But I can't call a service registered in biomoby.

At first I would like to call a 'RetrieveGOFromKeywords' service
provided by flybase.org.
I have already confirm a CGI based Moby Client and I am trying to
call a service with java client using MobyCmdLineClient.

However I get the following error.
Thanks in advance for your help.

$ java MobyCmdLineClient -call RetrieveGOFromKeywords in.
xml
Calling method 'RetrieveGOFromKeywords' with the input from 'in.xml':
<GO_Term namespace="Generic/Keyword" id="1">
  <Term>*brassinosteroid*</Term>
  <Definition/>
  <Type/>
</GO_Term>

--------------
===ERROR===
org.biomoby.shared.MobyException: ===ERROR===
Fault details:
[stackTrace: null]
Fault string: Failed to locate method (RetrieveGOFromKeywords) in class
(MOBY::C
entral) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2195.

Fault code:   {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client
Fault actor:  null
When calling:
        http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY-Central.pl

        at org.biomoby.client.CentralImpl.doCall(CentralImpl.java:138)
        at org.biomoby.client.CentralImpl.call(CentralImpl.java:766)
        at MobyCmdLineClient.main(MobyCmdLineClient.java:347)