[MOBY-l] PubMed Service update..

Simon Twigger simont at mcw.edu
Thu Feb 13 19:06:18 UTC 2003

Hi Mark,

I've got the first part of my attempt at a PubMed moby service up and
running, using Keywords to query pubmed and getting back PubMed IDs for
articles that match the query.  For simplicity I went with a MOBY tag
encompassing the set of query terms:

<MOBY>
<Object namespace="Generic/Keyword" id="">hypertension</Object>
<Object namespace="Generic/Keyword" id="">2002</Object>
</MOBY>

etc.

Possibly silly Question - what to put in the ID tag in these cases
where the object has no real ID? Leave it blank, fill with a
meaningless number? I also noticed that the Keyword object XSD has a
<term> tag in it, should I change my query to something like this:
<MOBY>
<Object namespace="Generic/Keyword" id="">
	<term>hypertension</term>
</Object>
<Object namespace="Generic/Keyword" id="">
	<term>2002</term>
</Object>
</MOBY>

In the service, all the terms in the MOBY block are AND'd together in
the PubMed query and works fine (ie I only get results for Hypertension
in 2002), the result being PubMed IDs:

<MOBY AuthURI="http://localhost/">
	<Object namespace="PubMed/ID" id="11973321"/>
	<Object namespace="PubMed/ID" id="11743245"/>
</MOBY>

Im going to work on the next part of the system - passing a PubMedID
and getting back the article info in a variety of formats. When both
bits are functioning, I'd like to register on MOBY central so people
can give it a go, however, Id like to run the various XSDs, etc. by you
before hand just to make sure they are structured correctly. Let me
know if there are any other considerations so I dont mess up
MOBY-central unnecessarily.

Cheers,

Simon.