[MOBY-l] How will MOBY provide for proprietary information suppliers?

Phillip Lord p.lord at russet.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 09:42:58 UTC 2003

  >> want, including most obviously https, which gives you Phil>
  >> security, and the ability to control access as you choose, and
  >> Phil> with a fair degree of security that data will not be

  >> overheard.

  Richard> It is not so much that the data is secret, as I proposed
  Richard> it, anyone can have to connectron data for free for
  Richard> research purposes as long as they acknowledge the
  Richard> proprietary trace.

Yes. But you wanted people to authenticate before they got the data,
so that you know they agree to acknowledge you. This means that you
don't want people who haven't agreed to acknowledgement can not get
the data.

But as I say, https should provide you both with authorisation, and
encryption all in one.

  Phil> I don't know if anyone has tried it yet though. I'd be Phil>
  >> interested to hear the results though.

  Richard> I'll think about security levels and tell you what happens.

It will be interesting to hear how you get on.

Phil