[MOBY-l] OASIS takes over UDDI development

mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue Sep 10 18:21:06 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I seem to have tracked down why the license on UDDI has suddenly
changed.  It appears that another organization - OASIS - has taken on
the task of developing UDDI.

I'm no lawyer, so the consequences of this are not fully clear to me,
but it would seem that the IP rules of OASIS are much more like that of
the W3C than the original UDDI license agreement, so perhaps we can be
less concerned now about getting in bed with UDDI.

I'd really appreciate comment from anyone who is more "in the know" than
I am!  At the end of the day we are not committed to any one underlying
registry system in any case, but it would be nice to know what our
options are.

Please let me know if you have any additional information on this
development!!

Mark

http://www.oasis-open.org/news/oasis_news_08_28_02.shtml

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae.com