[MOBY-l] more good press

mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue Sep 10 17:01:19 UTC 2002

An article about MOBY is in the September issue of the "Biotechnology
Focus" trade magazine.  More good press!  I'll try to get a PDF and put
it on the website.

I also received an invitation this morning to do an interview with a
writer at Nature  (thanks Lincoln!!)   The word is really getting
around... no pressure ;-)

Things have started to quiet down again on the list - contact me if you
are having problems or are confused about things.  It's a difficult time
right now when the spec is in such flux and things are held together by
spit and promises, but we'll get through this soon enough.  I should
soon be in a position to devote 100% of my time to the project, so
hopefully things will become more solid in a month or so. We also have
people (Richard B. @ IRRI) who are setting up MOBY Centrals to serve
their local data, so their experience will help us find the flaws in our
thinking.

Things are looking good!

Cheers all!

Mark

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae.com