[MOBY-l] Permissions problem on MOBY cvs

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed May 29 22:49:17 UTC 2002

The problems continue.  It is still impossible to do an anonymous checkout
of the entire repository.  I've checked the ownership & permissions on all
of the files, but there seems to be nothing consistent between what can be
checked out and what can't be.

I'm baffled!

In any case, I'm working with the open-bio guys to sort it out.  Hopefully
it will be functioning normally soon,

Lukas Mueller wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I think there is a permission problem with the cvs, so I can't check it
> out. I'm in the group 'moby' but most of the files in the repository are
> owned by you, either as 'moby' (I can check out those files) or, and
> that's the problem, group 'bioperl'. Could you chmod all the files to
> group moby? If you prefer, I can also have myself added to the bioperl
> group, but I guess it would be better to have our own group to prevent
> us from messing up other projects...
>
> Cheers
> Lukas

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."