[MOBY-l] Caveats to MOBY_Central's WSDL capabilities...

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue May 28 22:33:14 UTC 2002

Keeping with the Lincolnian/Damianidian/Jasonian "keep things as simple as possible until they need to be more complex", there are several caveats to my claim that MOBY-central outputs proper WSDL.  They are as follows:

(1)  Only *one* object is allowed as input to the service
(2)  Only *one* object is allowed as output from the service
(3)  The objects must be registered in the database as *verbatim* xsd (i.e. they can not be composite objects from other objects registered in the database)

The last of these caveats is ~obvious, since we haven't yet discussed how to represent composite objects in the database anyway.   Still, as simple as this is, it should give us enough Ooomph to start really using the system, as soon as we register a few more objects and set up a REAL service!   ;-)

Does anyone have a WSDL validator that they can run the output through?  To get output, add the following line to client2.pl:

        print $Central->locateServiceByInput(["Object"]);

This will output the only service currently registered, which is just an example service that doesn't really exist.

Cheers all!

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group