[MOBY-l] MOBY Central database schema

Jason E. Stewart jason at openinformatics.com
Tue May 14 19:45:32 UTC 2002

"Mark Wilkinson" <mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca> writes:

> Jas - do I understand from your sql that you want to put the Service
> ontology and the Object ontology into a single table?

Yes, that seemed simpler - they are both ontologies, right? If we're
going to use the GO tables, I'm not sure how to represent them (but
remember GO has three ontologies in one DB), but for my simple table,
there was just an extra column for the 'name' of the ontology to which
the term belonged.

> I'm building a MOBY_Central database right now which should have a
> public login soon.  I'll have to give special permissions to those
> who want to go in and modify it - let me know if this is you :-)

That would be me, thanks.
jas.