[MOBY-l] Hmmm... ID objects or SpecificID objects??

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon Jun 3 14:29:59 UTC 2002

Suzanna Lewis wrote:

>     it would be useful to have both available.
>      e.g.
>      <ComplexSeq auth="blah" namespace="diblah" id="whatever">
>          <external_ref>
>             <authority>TIGR</authority>
>             <for-db>arabidopsis</for-db>
>             <id>11111</id>
>         </external_ref>

I think this was the intention of the CrossReference (formerly known as
"MIB") block that is associated with each object.  The object has it's
primary identifier in it's Triple and then all cross-references that the
Distributor knows about are in the CrossReference block as a list of
xref'ing Triples.

> then egg-on-my-face and sorry and all that.

Good Lord!  Don't be silly!  ...We need all of the checks and balances we
can get, especially from the "senior" people in the project  ;-)   ;-)

hee hee!!

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group