[MOBY-l] Java in BioMoby

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 2 20:17:00 UTC 2002

   I have commited several Java files. They include a Java interface
describinbg methods of Moby Central, and a Java client calling most
methods of the Moby Central.
   The Java interface is used to generate a WSDL file. The file is
included as well but its usage is currently limited because of the 'new'
method use by Moby Central. The 'new' is a reserved Java words, and
although Java toolkit I was using (Apache Axis) is clever enough to change
'new' to '_new' there are still problem with this name (even in the perl
generated module). Therefore I suggest to consider to change this method
name to something else (I used 'create' in the Java interface).
   The Java client (TestingCentral) is included to show how to write Java
clients to Moby Central (the task is not trivial because it needs
de/serializers for MOBY::Central object used in all method calls). The
client calls all Moby Central methods except those changing the Moby
database (various registration methods). I will add those later.
   There is a README file.
   Mark, would it be possible to link the directory moby-live/Java/docs/
to the biomoby web pages? This directory contains generated Java API
documentation.

   During this development I found few bugs (they may be both mine or of
Moby Central). How can I report them (the 'Bugs' link on the biomoby.org
seems to be still non-existent)?

   Please any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.
   Regards, Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger