[MOBY-dev] [MOBY-l] What to do with the BioMoby website

Mark markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jun 29 14:32:36 UTC 2010

Hi Heiko,

No panic :-)  We are not "abandoning" BioMoby any time in the foreseeable
future!  Certainly the majority of my resources are going into the SADI
project rather than the Moby project, but Moby doesn't cost a lot to
maintain so there is no pressure at all to shut it down.  It was simply a
matter of an urgent situation arising with the project website without any
hands to look after it properly and quickly, so we were exploring drastic
measures.  (thanks again, Chris!!!)

It would certainly be interesting to know the activity of the project
worldwide.  Your registry, the INB registry, the IRRI registry, plus our
copy of Moby Central... must be close to 1M registry queries per month, I
suspect!  (do any of you have these statistics?)

Not bad for a project that had it's initial funding cut by 70% because the
reviewer said "it'll never work"  :-)

Mark