[MOBY-dev] GCP_GenomicFeatureVariant in biomoby-datatypes-1.3.0.jar + CVS problem

Guilhem Sempere guilhem.sempere at cirad.fr
Tue Aug 31 09:06:40 UTC 2010

Hi

I am basically taking over an application which contains Moby clients,
and am expected to add new clients to it.  I am using Maven so the
datatype jars available to me are those found here :
http://cropwiki.irri.org/m2repo/org/generationcp/moby/biomoby-datatypes/

The client I am currently adding requires the following datatype :
GCP_SimpleIdentifierWithTypeOperatorAndCount, which can only be found in
version 1.3.0

However, when I switch to version 1.3.0, a previously existing client
starts to fail, warning that it is "Ignoring unknown element :
GCP_GenomicFeatureVariant", although this class does exist in the jar.

After investigations I decompiled class
org.biomoby.shared.datatypes.MapDataTypes in versions 1.2.0 and 1.3.0,
and found out that the following line, that was present in 1.2.0, is
missing in 1.3.0 :

type2class.put("GCP_GenomicFeatureVariant",
"org.biomoby.shared.datatypes.GCP_GenomicFeatureVariant");

I guess this is the reason to my problem, but can anyone tell me why
this line has disappeared?

Second issue : I also tried to get the latest versions from CVS
(assuming this is the correct location
:pserver:cvs at cvs.open-bio.org:/home/repository/moby) but when I try to
connect I always get a message saying "can't create temporary directory"
: does that mean the CVS server is out of diskpace?

Help much appreciated, thanks in advance.

G.S.