[MOBY-dev] Compiling datatypes

Kathrin Klee klee at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Nov 27 14:08:12 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm quite new in the BioMoby field and have a problem in compiling
datatypes via the dashboard.
Whenever I try to process datatypes or skeletons the same fallowing
error occurs:

compile-datatypes:
    [javac] Compiling 587 source files to
/home/pcb/klee/workspace/jMoby/build/others/datatypes
    [javac]
/home/pcb/klee/workspace/jMoby/generated/datatypes/org/biomoby/shared/datatypes/GCP_Contact.java:95:
getMoby_affiliation() in org.biomoby.shared.datatypes.GCP_Contact cannot
override getMoby_affiliation() in
org.biomoby.shared.datatypes.GCP_Person; attempting to use incompatible
return type
    [javac] found   : org.biomoby.shared.datatypes.GCP_Organization
    [javac] required: org.biomoby.shared.datatypes.GCP_LegalEntity[]
    [javac]     public GCP_Organization getMoby_affiliation() {
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] 1 error

I did not work on this datatype at all and I do not have any error
messages within my biomoby datatype classes.

Did anyone had similar problems or knows what is causing such problems?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards Kathrin

Kathrin Klee
Bioinformatician
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
Plant Computational Biology
Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
50829 Koeln
Germany