[MOBY-dev] What's up with Moby-2 --> SADI

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Nov 3 17:18:37 UTC 2009

Hi all!

About every month or so, someone writes to me to ask what's up with Moby-2.

Here's the update:  We've finished our first pass at the specification and
reference implementation of SADI - Semantic Automated Discovery and
Integration.  The manuscript describing the overall architecture will be
presented at the IEEE Semantic Web Services meeting in Singapore in
December, but the text of that paper is here:
http://sadiframework.org/documentation/SADI_SWSIP09_personal.pdf

The project website is:  http://sadiframework.org  and from there you can
get to our first prototype client.  Other clients are coming soon,
including the SADI-Taverna plugin.

The SADI equivalent to MoSeS is almost finished, and is available on CPAN
- it does a pretty good job of auto-writing SADI services already, and it
will get better soon!  See the SADI homepage for the link.  The meta-map
of possible service connections is here:
http://biordf.net/cardioSHARE/images/predicates.png  You can already do
some pretty cool SPARQL queries in our prototype interface!

And finally, we are putting out a press release this week to announce that
we have just received almost $1M in funding from CANARIE to deploy SADI
services over Canadian (and international) bioinformatics resources, as
well as provide training in semantic web and semantic web service
provision.  We wont be starting the training component until late next
year, but if you are interested please follow our progress on the SADI
homepage.

That's all the news!

Cheers!

Mark