[MOBY-dev] Dead services and how to figure them out

Sebastien Carrere Sebastien.Carrere at toulouse.inra.fr
Fri Nov 7 09:28:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

my list contains the DeadServices provided on biomoby.org but also
services where the following Perl test fails:

eval {$service_instance->execute(XMLinputlist =>[[]])};

The most frequent error is "Service execution failed: 500 Can't connect
to localhost:8080 (connect: Connection refused)"

I don't know what is exactly done by
http://moby.ucalgary.ca/moby/ValidateService .

Nevertheless, if we want to test if a webservice "works properly", we
should first ask service developpers to register with test data.
This is already what we do using the PlayMoby framework.
By this way we survey our services ('not tested', 'ok', 'down') and
generate a daily report.

Sebastien