[MOBY-dev] Calling Moby from R / SSOAP

Jason Stewart jason.e.stewart at gmail.com
Sat May 10 06:02:55 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,

2008/5/9 Paul Gordon <gordonp at ucalgary.ca>:

> Yes, there is no XML Schema for Moby WSDL, because we allow inheritence at
> the tag level, which would make such a schema impossible.  So you would need
> to create an R library that creates the Moby XML message envelope, and send
> that string-encoded (as well as a parser for receiving).

I've run into this same problem with XML::Compile with Perl... it
assumes the existence of WSDL and XML schemas to do its mapping
between Perl <=> XML...

I guess I'm needing to know how the object mapping should be done. Is
there a recommendation someplace for how to map MOBY objects to XML
and back?

Thanks, jas.