[MOBY-dev] Caching revisited

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Mar 28 21:55:47 UTC 2008

Hi Ola,

We decided to create a single caching mechanism in jMoby, and Eddie
implemented this at the BioHackathon last month.  I have yet to change
MobyRequest to use this, but it's on my shortlist (It relates to the
problem Mark Fiers was having last week).  Your trouble gives me
incentive to switch it over sooner, as in the next couple of days. :-)

In any case, the existing code shouldn't refetch the ontology unless you
either don't call loadDataTypes(yourCacheURL) when you start your JVM,
or you are specifying a different registry argument.

Regards,

Paul