[MOBY-dev] Problem with xercexImpl fixed (for jMoby users)

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:35:58 UTC 2008

Hi all,

After an emergency (thanks very much to those you reported the problem), I
have put back (into our dependency file xmls/project.pom) the
xercesImpl.jar- but now its newer version (
2.7.1.). This fixes the reported problem (a class not found). Please cvs
update and type 'ant clean compile' (that should bring the new library to
your machine). After I create more junit tests (in order to spot a similar
emergency in time, next time) I will upload the newer version of jMoby to
the Maven repository (it will be vesion 1.0.1).

But, of course, I do not know if the newer xercesImpl version is suitable
for those users you complained about xerces in the first place (that was a
reason why I removed the xerces dependency). Please try your code and if you
have again problems we can discuss the options.

email: martin.senger at gmail.com
m.senger at cgiar.org