[MOBY-dev] Unit testing of BioMoby Services

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Mar 14 22:04:16 UTC 2008

Hi all,

During the hackathon I was working on the OWL classes and predicates we
need for the ability to create unit tests in the Service metadata coming
 from the Service provider.  I just finished working things out with the
myGrid team, and here are the predicates and classes we have agreed on:

Namespace:  http://www.mygrid.org.uk/mygrid-moby-service#

Class:  #unitTest
usage:  can have one or more unitTests per service #operation

ObjectProperty:	#hasUnitTest
	domain:	#operation
	range:	#unitTest

DatatypeProperty:	#exampleInput
	domain:		#unitTest
	range:		xsd#string
	content:	the full SOAP payload XML of an invocation message

DatatypeProperty:	#validOutputXML
	domain:		#unitTest
	range:		xsd#string
	content:	the full SOAP payload of the associated output message

DatatypeProperty:	#validREGEX
	domain:		#unitTest
	range:		xsd#string
	content:	a regular expression that should match against the output SOAP
Payload of this unitTest

DatatypeProperty:	#validXPath
	domain:		#unitTest
	range:		xsd#string
	content:	an XPath expression that should match against the output SOAP
Payload of this unitTest

An example can be seen in the antirrhinum.net,getDragonAlleleLocus
service, whose signature RDF is available here:
http://moby.ucalgary.ca/signatures/antirrhinum.rdf

I'm almost finished writing a little Perl script that will go through and
test the services based on the Unit Test data - I'll put it in the CVS as
soon as it's done.

Cheers all!

Mark

Mark Wilkinson