[MOBY-dev] warning on start of dashboard

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Mon Mar 3 09:10:18 UTC 2008

Martin Senger wrote:
>> What was the reason to
>> start dashboard directly in the ant install task ?
>>

> Sounded like a good idea, I do not know. Any problems with it?
> Martin
no, no problem with that ... just surprised seeing starting dashboard
;-) i think thats quite convenient because most people will work with
dashboard and if, as you described, the script now takes a lot of
responsibilites, its much better.

>* "Open the *pom.xml*... and change..."

>   Don't do, ever. The pom.xml is a generated file and will be overwritten
>regularly. It is generated from xmls/project.pom. But that one is shared and
>under cvs. Better tell me when this problem happens and I will try to solve
>it (even though I am trying to avoid Windows and Eclipse, but sometimes
>there is no detour...)
the problem about that is what also Eddie encountered... when the java.home is pointing to the jdk folder and not to the jre inside the jdk folder the expression

<systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>

is wrong. After changing it to ${java.home}/lib/tools.jar it works. thats why I added it.

Best and keep on working *g
Andreas