[MOBY-dev] warning on start of dashboard

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 08:52:59 UTC 2008

> What was the reason to
> start dashboard directly in the ant install task ?

Sounded like a good idea, I do not know. Any problems with it?

The most advantages you witness when you do it really from a clean
beginning. Which means not only not having yet build.properties file (the
install script creates it and adds there property 'registry.cache.dir'), but
also without (yet) any dashboard preferences (which is a bit harder to
remove them in windows: you have to go to the windows registry and remove
the key 'cache/directory'; that's why I have an option in 'settings' -
'manage my dashboard' - but it is not yet implemented).

> I stopped to update our tutorial as long as version 1.0.0. comes out...

It's real close. The only still missing pieces (AFAIK) are to test more
deployment parts, and to refresh the Eclipse tutorial. Will be done this
week (and then I will start working on version 1.1.0 which means adding
async services and document/literal style).

  email: martin.senger at gmail.com
             m.senger at cgiar.org