[MOBY-dev] data by reference - a request for comments

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Thu Jul 3 09:57:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

> For all I know WSRF is already been surpassed by WS-RT. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/grid/library/gr-wsrfwsrt/index.html?ca=drs-
> There are quite a number of people who are disenchanted by WSRF. See http://blog.harbulot.com/post/2006/11/22/Experiences-with-WSRF for one example.
>
> Machiel
This is what I am talking about... Martin has a reason we have had
enough problems with WSRF... now we have a "better" one (WSRT)...
But (!) There is an implementation? It looks like that this is a perfect
technology that exists in a paper...
Should we implement all the standards just to be able to use it? If IBM
claims to have a new/cool standard (by the way "standard" - who is
behind it?) but why can't I find (free) implementation of it?

It uses WS-Transfer has more sense to me because it can describe a way
to represent a moby object in moby message tree (for wsrf). and it is at
least w3s standard.
Claiming something to be a standard is always a bold claim...

Dmitry