[MOBY-dev] data by reference - a request for comments

Mark markw at illuminae.com
Wed Jul 2 18:21:57 UTC 2008

Do you suggest that there is no indication, in the MOBY block, that the
message contains data-by-reference?  i.e. should our tools simply see that
the primitive is empty, and then look into the ws header for the
possibility of a ws-ref, and then if it isn't found, adopt the other
interpretation of an empty block (i.e. that the data is known to be NULL)

?

Mark Wilkinson
Heart + Lung Research Institute
Centre for High Throughput Biology