[MOBY-dev] Binary data streaming

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 09:36:34 UTC 2008

My opinions:

In case of using some external reference they couldn't be parsed using
> standard XML library and have to be parsed by "moby" framework.

That's exactly what I (we?) want - to have control over how to treat the
referenced data. Additionally, we want to be able to use existing external
references, at least in cases when the service provider wishes so (which may
not be case always; e.g. for NCBI records, it would be harmful to let
clients to resolve the NCBI's references too fast - as Pieter and Mark have
already pointed out).

> The latter means that we are moving farther away from web services and
> SOAP.

That is what I hope for :-)

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org