[MOBY-dev] Can someone represent Moby in Rome?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Oct 12 14:05:13 UTC 2007

If there are no other offers, I'll tell the CASIMIR people that Paul will
attend.

Paul, can you confirm 100% that you are available?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:04:19 -0700, Pieter Neerincx
<Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in Europe, but have a meeting in Paris the day before and I'll
> promote Moby there :), but I won't be able to get to Rome in time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pi
>
> On  11 Oct 2007, at 21:10, Paul Gordon wrote:
>
>> I can go if no Europeans volunteer...
>>> Hi all core developers!
>>>
>>> I've been invited to present Moby at a meeting in Rome on November
>>> 28th.
>>> Unfortunately, I have a meeting on the 27th here in Vancouver that
>>> prevents me from getting to Rome in time.  I've asked Martin and
>>> Eddie and
>>> neither of them are able to do it.
>>>
>>> It's a presentation to the CASIMIR project (http://
>>> www.casimir.org.uk).
>>> They are considering things like DAS and MART, and are interested in
>>> adding Moby to their overall list of possible data-integration
>>> choices.
>>> I'd really like to convince them that Moby is a good option!
>>>
>>> Can anyone else from the core development team attend this meeting
>>> and
>>> present a good case for Moby?  Someone from INB or PlaNet would be
>>> **perfect** since you can give first-hand examples of integrating
>>> large
>>> projects over Moby.
>>>
>>> Please let me know ASAP.
>>>
>>> Cheers all!
>>>
>>> Mark

> Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
> Laboratory of Bioinformatics
> Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
>
> Dreijenlaan 3
> 6703 HA Wageningen
> The Netherlands
>
> phone:  0317-483 060
> fax: 0317-483 584
> mobile: 06-143 66 783
> mail: pieter.neerincx at wur.nl
> skype: pieter.online

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.