[MOBY-dev] How to get a concrete MobyDataType

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon Oct 1 13:25:04 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,
> I know i can cast the MobyDataInstance to a MobyDataObject (or
> MobyDataObjectSet respectively) and can get the MobyDataTyp from that - but
> this is not castable to GO_Term.

There is no GO_Term object when you use the General methods you describe
with MobyDataInstance, etc..
I think you are trying to mix the general methods with the generated
methods.  What do you need a GO_Term
object for (the MobyDataType should contain all the information you
need...unless you're using something else
from the generated, i.e. MoSeS,  classes)?  In general, you need to pick
one way or the other in jMOBY, they
don't mix well.